Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year - New Progress!?

Well, Happy New Year to all.......I haven't updated this blog very often mostly due to the fact that I have no real wieght-loss progress to tell about.

I have to say, however, that I am very happy with where I'm at right now because I have been so faithful to my exercising routine and have not given up yet!!! I started working out regularly back in February and have been faithful ever since.

As a result, this year I have lot 10 lbs. Not much, but something. The progress has been painfully slow and I haven't lost anything over the past two months, but I did lose another 1/2 inch around my thigh's and arms, so that was progress in my eyes.

I have now added an hour of yoga to my routine daily. This new addition has been so amazing and by being faithful to my yoga practice I have felt SOOO wonderful. My back and neck have not been bothering me as much and I just can't say how much I love doing yoga. As a result of doing so much yoga my abs and arms are toning up a lot.

I still run two days on, one day off and I have been doing that faithfully now for about two months. (before I was running every other day) Still, the progress with running is VERY slow. I am still only doing between 1-2 miles and it's still a horribly exhausting effort, but at the same time I'm starting to feel better about it and I know that soon it will really start to pay off.......

As I said, I'm happy with where I'm at right now. I'm sure I could lose weight if I did some fancy diet or something, but I want to do it slow and by changing my lifestyle so that it will actually STAY off.

Changes for this year - LESS CHOCOLATE!!!! I am going to try to cut back to treating myself once a week........(That should be a huge challenge for me...)



I am still drinking around 64 oz of water a day and have totally given up all soda so that's awesome. I also drink a LOT of green tea and black tea, and so far I've been very healthy this winter season. I have cut down to one (maybe 2) cups of coffee a day so that is also a huge step for me......YES, I do drink a lot!

So, I guess that's my update! My goal is still another 10 lbs away, but I figure if I keep being faithful somethings gotta give....=) Happy New Year to you all and good luck with your own personal goals and desires for a healthier lifestyle!!!

No comments: