Monday, January 19, 2009

Moving Past The Edge

It's been interesting coming to the point in my exercise routine where the endorphins are really popping and I'm feeling so motivated and ready to just keep going and going.......It's taken me 11 months to get to this point where it actually feels wonderful to work out! haha.

It seems like this past week has really been the breaking point for me where I've come to my "edge" and found some way to just keep going.

Having said that about my feelings of accomplishment through running/yoga.........I cannot seem to break the whole "sweets" thing. It's as if I have not an ounce of self control! I mean, I only have to have a tiny bite of something, but I have just GOT To have SOMETHING....I'm trying really hard to push those feelings away, but can't seem to give it up........Any advice?



Mantra of the week:
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.
Buddha

1 comment:

Amber said...

Here is my suggestion...take it or leave it. The more we try and tell ourselves NOT to want something and the more we tell ourselves NOT to focus on something...the more we do. So don't beat yourself up for a small sweet. 1 Milk Chocolate Dove Promise (my personal fav) is 25 calories. Would it be better if I DIDN'T have it...sure. But if I don't satisfy the *small* sweet tooth, it turns into a raving monster and I end up eating a whole bag of oreos. Which is better??? You might just find that the less emphasis you put on the sweets, the less you think about it.