Sunday, June 29, 2008

Feeling a little down....

I have to confess that I feel a little blue about my current weight-loss program. I feel like I am struggle so hard to lose weight and there is nothing to show for it! I tried on a few pairs of pants this weekend when we were in Fairbanks and they were all so small and looked HORRIBLE on....I was so sad that I am so out of shape and I do NOT understand why!? It's like in the past year my body had just exploded out and gotten all flabby and crap and I have no explanation for it! (No beautiful baby to reason away my flabby belly...no, NOTHING)

I guess I'm just frustrated at this point. I have read every article and even talked to my Dr. She says she doesn't understand either. With all that I am doing it does NOT make sense that I can't lose weight - or at least inches........

I did start uping my walking to 13000 steps a day now, and I am going to start running harder. (instead of taking it at a good pace) I am going to start uping my abs to every other day for at least 20 minutes and see if that helps.....

Still watching my portions and calorie counting......Maybe this is my magical week? Something's gotta give! I need to lose 20 lbs before the wedding in February!!!!

4 comments:

Cherry said...

I'm sorry you're bummed! I got a lousy 70% on my last test. If I actually pass this class it will be a miracle. I'd rather be 10 lbs. heavier and doing better in my class to be perfectly honest!

Barb said...

I'm sorry to hear that you're discouraged. You work so hard!!! I'm continually in awe of the workouts you do.

One thought is to talk to your doctor again to see if there might be something going on with your thyroid. what you're saying sounds very similar to the experience of a woman I work with. She struggle so hard for a couple of years before someone finally thought to test her thyroid and, for her, that was the problem.

Also, there are a LOT of unflattering jeans out there! I swear they run size miniature now, which is weird because the rest of the clothes seem to be larger than they used to be. Go figure.

You are awesome and while I've never met you in person - you are beautiful in your pictures and clearly gorgeous in your heart. Something will turn the corner soon.

Amber said...

Teniah-

I am so sorry to hear you are discouraged. I know that there are plenty of days that I do a little self-hatin'. I really want to encourage you that you are doing what you can to keep yourself healthy. Even if the scales do not reflect it, if you could take a peek inside and look at your heart, lungs and other organs you would probably see the improvements there. You are still helping yourself more than you can see.

I know this doesn't change that desire to have the outward appearance reflect the hard work you are putting in. Keep going...and don't be afraid to get a second opinion if your doc doesn't know where to turn.

mindy said...

I totally agree that your thyroid should probably be tested. That little gland can cause so many problems! You are doing incredibly amazing on your workouts and eating – there has to be some internal reason for this struggle – and it sounds a lot like a thyroid problem.

Congratulations to Justin and his fiancĂ©! Yay for being a bridesmaid! I can’t wait to see pictures…even though it’s a few months away still! LOL!

Keep up the amazing work. I know it’s really frustrating when you feel like you’re trying so hard and yet struggling so much to get that scale to move. I really do think there has to be a thyroid or health issue that is making weight loss hard right now. Keep us updated on if you decided to get your thyroid tested!

You're doing awesome!