Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Back in Business

So, I took four days off from working out mostly because we were in Canada, and then also because after several months of working out without a break it's good for your body to have a few days of rest......SO.......Needless to say I was pretty naughty these past four days.....pie, coffee, ice cream etc! YIKES!!!! We camped out for three days so we didn't eat too much bad stuff, just some special snacks here and there. Now I'm back on track and starting back into my routine......

Today I will run and then get back on schedule for working out. I don't feel like I have lost any weight at all and that's a little disheartening but I keep reminding myself that the whole reason I am doing this is to get healthier and be in better shape...no necessarily to lose weight....I know that by walking/running/lifting weights etc. I am getting healthier and will be so much better off for it, so that's encouraging to me......

I'm still struggling with the chocolate thing and also with needing snacks...wish I could beat those habits........

I'll keep you posted on things.....

1 comment:

mindy said...

I totally agree with you–taking breaks is essential! If I wasn’t able to take breaks and eat some of the foods I really love, I’d go crazy (though the last month I’ve pretty much been on a permanent break!=)) You are doing really really amazing! 15 weeks and going strong – you rock!