Monday, June 23, 2008

A whole new motivation

So, my brother-in-law, Justin, got engaged this weekend!!!! How awesome is that? So, his new fiance and I have been e-mail friends for a while now, and she actually asked me to be one of her bridesmaids!!! Oh my gosh!!!!!!!..........I have never been in a wedding before like that so I am so excited!! Mom and I have had so much fun just talking and planning and stuff.....

So.....obviously this puts my whole weight loss/being healthier thing in perspective and changes some of my goals. I REALLY want to lose around 20 lbs before the wedding so I am trying to re-focus myself and start working on the diet thing...I know, I know - I always talk about hating dieting and how I'm not going to do that....BUT......I have to look beautiful for the wedding! haha........

So, short-term my goal is to lose 10 lbs before Oct. 1st. That gives me three full months to continue working out and to really get my eating under control. No more sweats, no more chocolate and no more creamer in my coffee! These are my first adjustments.............I'm keeping a food journal so I can keep track of what I eat and how much.

Long-term goal for this is that I would lose another 10 lbs before Feb. It's just a goal and I know it's a long shot, but I should have about six months to do it so I think I can. =) I already have 16 weeks of a foundation so that's a good start. =)

Still no weight loss to date, but I'm actually going to start focusing on that rather than just blowing it off and only focusing on exercising.

So far, so good - I ran 4 miles yesterday (well, ran 2 and walked 2) and did another 2 miles today. Both days I have done really well with the diet thing.......

1 comment:

Cherry said...

ha! ha! haa! haa! It's amazing what motivates us!