Thursday, December 31, 2009

2010 New Year/New Passion

Continuing in true New Year's traditional fashion, this blog will contain goals/resolutions for the coming year.

My hope for each of you is that the start of a new year will bring excitement for all that you hope to accomplish, encouragement to start fresh, and a desire for new and better living choices in your life!

While I have already previously stated my goals for 2010 in regards to running and yoga, I want to take this time to focus on my resolution towards diet and healthy living.

I started gradually eliminating meat from my diet many months ago, and for the past two months I have been eating completely vegetarian. My goal for 2010 is to continue this eating habit but to take it to the next level. My body just responds so much better to a vegetarian diet and I feel a huge difference. I have been trying so many new recipes and enjoying the experiment of new grains/legumes and I want to continue down that path. I have given up sugar and chocolate and caffeine (with the exception of my tiny soy flat white which I have once a week.) My next phase is to give up all processed food. Right now the only real processed food that I eat is bread and salad dressing, but I want to eliminate even that. I want to eat more raw foods and focus on learning more about the various health benefits from vitamins/minerals that I eat. As I begin my nursing program, my study of nutrition will no doubt make me a better nurse as well.

Through yoga, I hope to gain a sense of balance and peace to carry with me each day and to embrace the present moment and the challenges that will come in those moments. Through running, I hope to gain strength and confidence within myself to accomplish that which I hope to achieve. Through diet, I hope to become healthier within my own body so that I can reach my goals for physical fitness and better focus for my studies. My desire is that together all of these will work towards creating a healthier/happier lifestyle.

I am so excited as I look towards this next year and all that it will bring. There will be so many challenges along the way, and yet I look forward to facing those challenges with a calm mind and with acceptance in that moment.

May each of your desires for 2010 come to pass, and may you embrace each moment with peace and calmness of mind! ~ Namaste

No comments: