Thursday, December 10, 2009

Finding Focus

This week I have been doing a lot of "focused" work outs and have been thinking a lot about the goals and ambitions that I have for my future. It has been a great week, and I feel that I have been renewed with the energy needed to meet my desired goals.

Last night I planned out my 2010 training plan and that was really motivational for me. I found several races - 7K, 10K, 13K, and Half Marathon - that I want to compete in throughout the year. My training will be towards the goal of 10K, but eventually I will train for a Half Marathon in August. I feel like in 9 months I should be ready for the big race.

More than just working out a plan, I have been focusing on the biggest challenge of all - The Mind - I read a wonderful book this week called, The 5 Rules of Thought, and it was very enlightening. Just to remind me to focus on what I want to accomplish and "see it done". To think positively about my goals, because you will indefinitely become that which you think you will be. It is amazing what the mind can do...

Also, I have been reading a lot of yoga books and taking my yoga practice to a new level. I feel like my life is really balanced right now and that is bringing healing to my life. My desire is for this "balance" to continue even in the midst of the more stressful moments once I start school. It is easy to get caught up in the challenges of the moment, and my desire is to stay non-reactive during those times.

It has been a great week - technically I still have one more day before week 3 is finished, but I wanted to blog tonight...

"You are what your deep, driving desire is. As your desire is, so is your will. As your will is, so is your deed. As your deed is, so is your destiny."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for linking me! Have you checked out Eckhart Tolle's "A New Earth" or "The Power of Now"? They are both amazing books and sound like something you might be interested in.

Teniah Ashlyn said...

Thanks, I will check them out. I go to the library every week and right now have been reading a lOT...I will definitely check them out!