Saturday, March 14, 2009

Detox

Okay, so I met this new provider this week who encouraged me to do a detox (She is definitely not the first to mention this.) To really just clean my system out and see if I can better absorb vitamins. It seems that I am vitamin deficient mostly probably due to the lack of sunlight etc. She seems to think that these deficiencies have caused my kidneys and liver to not function properly thus straining my thyroid. All of this together has kind of just led to some poor health problems for me and is probably related to why after a year of working out and eating healthy I still haven't been able to lose any weight. I'm still weighing in at 148. =)

So, I'm doing a trial to see if I start feeling better and start seeing improvements to my health.......I'm trying this "oil pulling" technique with coconut oil in the mornings (look it up online if you are curious, it's pretty interesting. I will let you know what I think. So far, so good.) Drinking Psyllium Husk in the morning. Taking 10,000 IU of Vitamin D and also 2.5mg Melatonin at night. Other than that just keeping with my normal healthy diet and exercising as normal. I also signed up for a free trial of Bromalite, and will let you know what I think of that once it comes in. =)

I'll keep you posted on how I feel. It's been two days since I started it and I feel really great right now, so I guess that's good. =)

No comments: