Thursday, March 29, 2018

Making the Connection

I have a personal belief that when we feel tension, illness, fatigue or an unsettling within our body there is often an emotional link attached to that feeling. Sure there can be a physical cause (poor diet, traumatic injury like a broken limb, exposure to a virus etc.) but I think it goes so much deeper than that and I believe that if we can stop and take time to uncover what that emotional link is, we might just heal our body quicker. For me, it's about making the connection.

I started doing this recently when I would get a headache or feel fatigued, or when I recently got sick with a cold...I found it so interesting once I really stopped and took time to look more closely at my emotions and what was going on within myself at the time. When I started to work through some of the baggage of my past and let go of the pain, my healing would begin. I have now been doing this regularly and seeing a tremendous link. 

My challenge to you is this: The next time you feel tension in your back or neck...the next time you start to feel a cold coming on...Take a few minutes to really settle into yourself and start looking at where you are at emotionally in your life. Perhaps grab a piece of paper and jot down some thoughts that come to mind. What are you holding on to? What are you fearful of? What thoughts and worries are you ruminating on over and over and over again? What past hurt have you not acknowledged or spoken of? What sadness are you hiding deep within your own heart?

It is entirely possible that the worry, fear, distrust, and any other number of negative emotions we feel, could actually stimulate a physical response in our body. This could be through lowering your immune system, keeping you from sleeping properly or through causing your muscles to tense - leading to headache, back pain etc.

I share this with you to give you something to think on, I'm not saying that all physical illness stems from an emotional source...But just try it for a few weeks and see if you can find the connection within your own life. In letting go of these emotions we attach ourselves to, we can create the space needed for healing.

"May today be the day that I leave behind my old self and begin a new story. May today I release any power that my past held over me. In letting go of that, may there be a space created where new life, love and peace can flow freely." ~ Namaste


No comments: