Sunday, November 12, 2017

Are you living in an un-thinkable present?

This week I turn 35. Birthdays really aren't a big deal to me as I feel like every day is a celebration of life; however, this week I am really reflecting strongly on the many blessings of my life. This morning when I was working out at the gym and running PAIN-FREE on the treadmill, in my mind I was taken back to two years ago where everything in my life felt like such a struggle. I was in a really bad space where I was burnt out and just tired from life.

Coming from this state of pure exhaustion and physical un-wellness, I really believed that this was just my life - that struggling is just what I do...I have never been one to really cry in front of people, but I remember around the month of November two years ago sitting in the doctor's office and crying because I was so tired. I was so burnt out at work and under so much stress and I wasn't sleeping and I was just stretched too thin.

As I look back on that moment this morning I am reminded of where these last two years have brought me from. While this time in my life was certainly not my only time of struggle, it was probably the most recent super low point in my life, and therefore a good place to go back to for reflection. One of the reasons I find keeping a journal so incredibly valuable is because you can flick back over the months or years and see where you have come from and where you are now.

While not everyone reading this blog will share my Christian faith, I speak from my own heart and true nature when I share with you how grateful I am for what God has brought me through. There is an awesome song called Mighty to Save and one of the lyrics is "Savior, He can move the mountains. My God is mighty to save". I'll tell you that some times it takes YEARS to move those mountains and to bring you through the hard times that you face...but wow, how awesome is it that the mountains CAN BE MOVED!!

A visiting pastor shared on Sunday a beautiful message about how in the dark times in your life when you feel like your present moment is "un-thinkable",  you need to look back to the past and see where God has brought you from and look back to the "un-forgetable". He has been so faithful to provide you with every strength you needed and every ounce of courage it took to keep breathing! If you look back and count your blessings and recall the many ways your life has been touched, you will know that this mountain too can be moved.

So, today I am recalling the hard times and the power of change in my life. I'm looking back to the "un-forgetable" past only so that I can recall the many blessings and ways in which God gave me the courage and strength to carry on. This gives me so much hope and joy for the present moment.

I encourage you, that if you are feeling discouraged or tired, or worn...Recall where you have come from and all the many blessings of your life, and know that He WILL provide you with every strength and courage that you need for this un-thinkable present, and He WILL move the mountains that need to be moved in your life in order that you can live in peace and joy again!

This is a really beautiful song: 
https://youtu.be/zulKcYItKIA

No comments: