Monday, October 8, 2012

12 Week Challenge

Now that my clinical placements are finished, it's time to start crackin' again and get back in shape! While I am very proud of having kept some really great healthy lifestyle changes over the course of my studies, it's time to really focus now.

I decided to really look long and hard at my health and to make some adjustments that will better help me meet my physical goals. I really want to get back into good running shape where running is FUN again!! I want to enjoy it, instead of struggle.....So, I have set myself a 12 week course towards getting back to a place where running feels enjoyable. I am hoping that at the end of this, I will be fit enough to start a 10K training programme.

Also, as part of that goal, I really want to take a closer look at my healthy diet. I decided that somewhere along the way there must be something "unhealthy" that I am doing since my waist-line has expanded over the past two years. I know that stress and age are definitely factors, but there must be more to the story.....So, I started a food diary.

SHOCKING what you find out about yourself when you keep a food diary. I kept thinking how little I ate, and how all I eat is so healthy......yeah, not so much.....turns out that some of those "healthy" snacks are worth more kilojoules than my main meals!!!! (For example, almonds and raisins are very high in kilojoules, fat, and sugar....hum...might need to re-think how often I "munch" on those!!!) Also, I was surprised at how fast the kilojoules add up.

So, with these new adjustments I am hoping to meet my goals within the next 12 weeks and to start 2013, healthy and strong!!!

Why wait for a New Year's Resolution?....Why not achieve those goals in the next 12 weeks leading up to 2013!!

"Change starts today - in this present moment. Embrace the change that belongs to you" ~ Namaste

No comments: